BroadwayWorld.com reports what the stars sang in tribute to MusiCares person of the year, Miss Barbra Streisand.
Here’s to Barbra!
- Darren Criss & The Warblers from GLEE – ‘What Kind of Fool’
- Diana Krall – ‘Down With Love’
- Seal – ‘Guilty’
- Leona Lewis – ‘Somewhere’
- Herbie Hancock & Nikki Yanofsky – Medley of ‘On a Clear Day’ and ‘Lazy Afternoon’
- Lea Michele – ‘My Man’
- Jeff Beck, LeAnn Rimes and BeBe Winans – ‘Come Rain or Come Shine’
- Faith Hill – ‘Send in the Clowns’
- Kristin Chenoweth & Matthew Morrison – ‘One Less Bell to Answer / A House is Not a Home’
- Barry Manilow – ‘Memory’
- Tony Bennett – ‘Smile’
- Stevie Wonder – ‘People’
followed by: Barbra Streisand herself!
- Medley of ‘Happy Days Are Here Again’, ‘The Way We Were’, ‘What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?’, ‘Evergreen’, ‘I Finally Found Someone’ and ending with ‘Happy Days Are Here Again’
- ‘Make Someone Happy’
- ‘The Windmills of Your Mind’
- ‘I’ll Never Say Goodbye’
The last two songs are from her upcoming album of songs by Alan and Marilyn Bergman.
Barbra, who was introduced by Prince (???) at this evening’s main event said, “I love music for what it does for the soul… It syncs with the rhythm of our hearts.”
UPDATE – Streisand MusiCares VIDEO
Someone Tweeted that Barbra sang the entire first half of “Windmills of Your Mind” a capella, stating Streisand’s set was long and amazing and a real crowd-pleaser.
Undoubtedly, what must have been the best line of the night? Streisand reportedly said, “My niece recently watched a DVD of Funny Girl for the first time and asked me why I was singing songs from Glee.“ [Special thanks to @BHSushi for posting these great tidbits!]
Don’t expect to see Streisand belt with the kids of Glee anytime soon, however. ET’s Nancy O’Dell got the scoop
on her feelings about Glee‘s renditions of her songs and asked if she would ever consider doing the show. “Not if I can help it,” Barbra replied. “She’s pretty good,” Streisand said of Lea Michele.
Oh, come on Barbra! It’d be fun!
Follow @MissMusicNerd for a blow by blow account of the evening. Inexplicably, the event was not streamed on “Grammy Live” to the chagrin of everyone who tuned in only to get stuck watching recaps of past Grammy nights on the much hyped Grammy / YouTube “live” page.
Related link: The Shrine Of Babs
Powered by Facebook Comments